3 images from my portfolio of folkloric dance images received a Merit Award and will be published in the
Special Issue #86 of B & W + COLOR magazine was published the first week of September 2011.
There were only 67 winners in this category (out of a total of 480 entries comprising 778 portfolios, and approximately 8500 images).
In June 2011, I was an Artist-In-Residence Photographer at the Aspen Guard Station.
My residency was held at a forest service cabin in the San Juan National Forest above Mancos, CO.
Images from my residency will be in a group exhibition in the Fall of 2012.
Here is an article about the artists who were chosen:
Arts Perspective Magazine Featured Photographer:
"Winter Issue "Motion" Features photographer, Barbara Grist," Arts Prospective, February 16, 2012
• "Best Art Forward" CLICK HERE
• "Photographer's Eye" CLICK HERE
• "India Through The Lens" CLICK HERE
October 6 - November 3, 2012, Olio Wine Bar, Mancos, CO Fine Art images from Mexico, India and Colorado.
December 15- January 31, 2013, "Spirituality", The Farm Bistro, Cortez, CO
Individual or Group instruction available in various media, including but not limited to:
• Beginning & Intermediate Photography
• Archiving & Organizing Files - Creating YOUR Workflow
• Photo Tours
• Primitive Pottery
• Batik & Tie-Dye
• Fused Glass Jewelry
• Silver Clay Jewelry
Contact me and we will put together a class based on your interests!
• Heart Path House, Cortez, CO
• Exponential Engineering, Cortez, CO
• Durango Space, Durango, CO
• Cortez Chamber of Commerce, Cortez, CO
To purchase images, please contact the studio.